Based in Northern Ireland
Would you like to play a game?
How about a nice game of Atoms?
A fast moving, highly addictive turn-based strategy game for 1-4 players you won't be able to put down!
Atoms is simple to learn but hard to master, with similarities to classic board games like Othello, Reversi and Go.
Place your atoms on the grid but - move carefully! - they will overload and explode if too many are placed together! Strategically balance risk and reward to capture your opponents' Atoms in chain reaction explosions, while protecting your own from counter attack.
Last Atom standing is the winner!
"Simple concept, mesmerizing graphics, totally addictive."
A modern remake of the "Exploding Atoms" retro game from 1980, and still as addictive as ever.
The first version of Atoms was created in 1980 for the Sharp MZ-80K home computer system by the owners of a computer shop in Aberdeen, Scotland, inspired by a board game they had played in Japan.
Since then there have been many versions and variations, even including a few in more recent times on iPhone and iPad.
John was badgered into writing an Amiga version in 1992 (which was well received at the time), and ever since then has harboured a desire to make the best, modern version of Atoms he could make.
Atoms is the realisation of that desire, bringing the game bang up to date with all the features and fidelity that modern gamers demand while retaining all the maddeningly addictive gameplay of the original.
Atoms is supported by the Creative Industries Innovation Fund operated by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland.
- Quickfire turn-based atomic strategy for 1-4 players
- Local or online play
- Challenge friends or auto-match players with Game Center
- Face the super-tough computer opponents in single player mode
- Four levels of AI. Can you defeat CPU SUPER?
- A full complement of leaderboards and achievements
- HYPNOGRID animated playing grid
- From simple rules, complexity and depth emerge
- Compatible with all iPhone, iPod and iPad models running iOS 8.0 or later
- Full support of large screen retina devices
Logo & Icon
- Simple concept, mesmerizing graphics, totally addictive.
- I love love love this game. Can't get enough of it!
- Worth playing friends for the shouts of panic when the board flips on a single chain-reaction!
- Atoms is awesome! Chain reactions are awesome!
- It's so much fun!
- Forgot my iPad. Can't play Atoms. Worst day ever.
NIVRIG GAMES allows for the contents of Atoms to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Atoms is legally & explicitly allowed by NIVRIG GAMES. This permission can be found in writing at http://nivrig.com/press/sheet.php?p=Atoms.
About NIVRIG GAMES
Respawned 80's Game Developer
More information on NIVRIG GAMES, our logo & relevant media are available here.